At Wholistic Growth for Future Generations, we strive to promote regular physical activity to improve the current and future lives of today’s youth. There are endless benefits to living an active life.
People who exercise regularly are are more likely to have –
- Lower instances of depression – Exercise is used to treat symptoms of depression and has been shown to have a longer-lasting effect than antidepressants.
- Stress Management – Regular exercise can decrease fatigue, anger, and has been shown to reduce anxiety sensitivity.
- Increased Mood – The brain releases ‘happy’ chemicals when you exercise, releasing endorphins and monoamines which are linked to happier moods and strengthening the brain against mental disorders.
- Slower Aging – Recent studies have even shown regular exercise to reduce aging!
- Faster Fat Metabolism – When the body is accustomed to regular exercise, it gets more efficient at metabolising carbohydrates which, in turn, directs the body’s energy consumption towards fat cells.
These are just a few of the many benefits of exercise and physical activity. Some recent research even shows that just a few minutes of exercise a day can lead to all of the health benefits listed above. Get out and GET FIT!